You might be thinking of giving your aging bathroom a new look but don’t know where to start. The good news is that it’s easy to improve the look of a bathroom just by changing a few items and accessories. Here are 5 tips that you can use in your bathroom renovations:
1. The most significant change in your bathroom design would be your wall tiles. Obviously this takes a bit of work and renovation work to hack and replace existing tiles could be noisy and relatively costly as well. However, the change is worth it if you choose the correct tiles to suit your theme. If you do not wish to hack and replace the tiles, an option that you can explore is to spray paint them.
2. Another obvious area to look into would be your wash basin and shower area. The size and shape of your basin and bathtub (if you have one) can contribute significantly to how your bathroom looks. Your table top also says a lot about your personality. A luxurious dark granite top would have a much different effect from one with a minimalist design.
3. If you don’t want to make major changes, a shower curtain can do wonders for your bathroom. Curtains such as retro shower curtains or those with special prints can bring character to your bathroom at a low cost and can be installed easily without the help of a contractor or handy man.
4. Accessories such as mirrors, towel, soap and shampoo holders can also add a lot of character to your bathroom. If you want your bathroom to look like one from a luxury hotel, you’ll be surprised how changing small items such as installing an overhead rainforest type of shower can help.
5. Finally, an often under looked factor is the lighting in your room. Most people don’t even give a thought to the lighting as the bathroom area is so small, but lighting plays a big part in how a room looks. For example, try picturing any room with soft while lights and then imagine the same room with warm lighting. That’s quite a bit of a change right? The bathroom is no different and you can enhance the effect further by having features such as lamps or recessed lighting.
I hope these 5 tips help you get started in your bathroom renovations. A beautiful bathroom remodel project need not be costly, just get creative and let your imagination run wild.
Visit our website if you’re looking for retro curtains [http://www.retrocurtains.org] or a retro shower curtain [http://www.retrocurtains.org/retro-shower-curtain.php].